Founder, The Middle Finger Project. Gangster, The Entire Internet.
About the instructor
"Just puhleezze buy it...don't make me ask!!"
It's what most people are thinking when they have to "hop on the phone" with a prospective client, TERRIFIED of the conversation that's about to happen next (in all its sweaty, panic-attack, heart-pounding glory.)
You stare at the phone knowing you have to do it ("just be a professional," you tell yourself, as you practically vomit up caesar salad) while your stomach turns itself inside out. You know once you get on, you'll spend the entire time waiting for the inevitable question you won't know how to answer—and, of course, the #1 most dreaded question of all: How much?
Then there's small talk that ensues while you feel like a school girl, and the comments that inevitably come thereafter, once you finally work up the nerve to state your rates: "I didn't think this would cost so much," or, "Is there any flexibility with your pricing?" Then, as one final kick to the gut, the prospect tells you that they "need time to digest," and that they "want to think it over" and "will get back to you soon," leaving you stammering and stuttering into the mouthpiece. At best case scenario, you'll muster out a soft and polite, "Okay, sounds good," and then you'll hang up, not knowing what you did wrong. (And being all the more broke for it.)
The bad news? These conversations do not come naturally to ANYONE.
The good news? We're going to fix that for you, forever.
In this 90 minute, 15-part audio training, you'll walk with me, step-by-step, scenario-by-scenario, just like we were sitting down for an hour and a half in-person, and I'll teach you how to use my most favorite, eloquent, powerful, self-assured, calm, confident, easy-going responses, redirects and transitions to help you lead these kinds of conversations like a pro—and answer hard sales questions with professionalism and grace.
And the better news? Once you learn this, you'll never have to learn it again—and you'll never have to feel nauseated, hate life, and/or dread selling yourself over the phone again.
- 1. Confidence Training Hello, Hello, Hello + Introduction!
- 2. The Awkward First 10 Seconds
- 3. Should I Talk First Or Should They?
- 4. The Critical Difference Between Pitching and Selling
- 5. The Art of Answering Hard Questions 101
- 6. How to Answer—"How Much Is This Going to Cost Me" Or "Can I Just Get a Ballpark?"
- 7. How to Answer—"I Didn't Think It Was Going to Cost That Much." (And My Favorite Go-To Phrase That Comes in Handy For EVERYTHING.)
- 8. How to Answer—"I'm Friends With So and So. Can I Get a Discount?"
- 9. How to Answer—"Is There Any Way You Can Be Flexible On The Rate?"
- 10. How to Answer—"Why Should I Work With You?"
- 11. How to Answer—"Are You Willing to Work On Spec?"
- 12. How to Answer—"I Need to Think About It" Or "I Need to Ask My Husband and Get Back to You" Or "I Need to Ask My Tarot Card Reader"
- 13. How to—Rein a Prospect Back In When They've Gone Wildly Off Tangent and You Need to Interrupt Them Without Being Rude
- 14. How to—Close The Deal and End the Call
- 15. Outro + Final Tips